One of Isuzu Philippines Corporation’s (IPC) dealer groups, INTECO (Industrial & Transport Equipment Inc), has been at the forefront of the automotive industry’s all-out efforts to assist the country’s frontliners in the medical, hospital, armed forces and essential industries in their fight to halt the further spread of COVID-19 in the Philippines.
INTECO has held numerous operations since the early part of the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), in coordination with its four dealerships (INTECO Edsa, Quezon Avenue, Pangasinan, and Pampanga), the concerned local government units, and the beneficiaries and frontliners involved in these operations.
Among these operations INTECO has spearheaded were:
- Servicing Route 17 (Metro Manila northeast area) starting from SM City San Jose Del Monte to SM Fairview/Commonwealth Hospital and MC. Coordinating closely with the Department of Transportation, INTECO transports medical frontliners, materials to manufacture face shields and personal protective equipment (PPEs), relief goods and medical supplies, and continues providing daily transportation services to the Frontliners at PGH.
- Donations of disposable bed sheets, face shields, face masks, PPEs to Kidney Foundation, Pasig City General Hospital (PCGH), and Pasig City Child Hope, Metropolitan Hospital in Manila, Bernardino General Hospital, New Era General Hospital, Diliman Doctors Hospital, Metro North Medical Center and Hospital, Ospital ng Paranaque, Healing Servants Foundation, National Center for Mental Health, Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM), Las Pinas General Hospital.
- Donations of 40 boxes of disposable bed sheets to PCGH, Victorino Luna Medical Center, East Avenue Medical Center, Philippine Foundation for Breast Care, and Tuguegarao Medical Center.
- Providing resources and relief goods to Cordillera Mountain Province, Benguet Baguio General Hospital, Bataan Medical Hospital, National Kidney Transplant Institute, Makati Medical Center, Batangas Medical, Concordia College, Andres Bonifacio Memorial Medical Center, and other collaborations of government agencies with private institutions.
- Providing valuable assistance to organizations such as Felta Multi Media, Zonta Club Metro Pasig, CKSC Batch 84, North Road, DOTr, DSWD, DYCI, CHEERS Corp, OMNI Fab, and Laxmana Factory.
IPC President Hajime Koso lauded INTECO’s efforts. “INTECO’s valuable assistance to transport frontliners and essential goods, as well as providing various services in this crucial stage of the Filipino society’s concerted efforts to quell the spread of COVID-19 is truly the ideal example of an organization that truly embodies a ‘responsible partner’. It is heartening to see not only INTECO step up to do what it can, but also the rest of the IPC dealership network in their own areas. Together, we will triumph over the most difficult adversities. IPC, together with the rest of the organizations in the local automotive industry, will do all that we can for the nation to overcome this global pandemic and at the same time ensure the security, health, and well-being of our employees and staff.”