Seven Volkswagen dealerships have resumed operations and re-opened their doors to customers, albeit following the “new normal” business operating protocols as recommended by the government’s Inter-Agency Task Force on the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) under the guidelines of modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) and general community quarantine (GCQ).
Added precautionary measures have been adopted by the dealerships, as stated in Volkswagen Philippines’ Dealership Sales and Aftersales Operations Guide and Recommendations. All measures have been put in place to keep customers, employees, and business partners protected from the deadly COVID-19.
Two dealers re-opened on May 16, Saturday with Volkswagen Pampanga and Volkswagen Santa Rosa. Four dealerships resumed operations on May 18, Monday with Volkswagen BGC, Volkswagen Quezon Avenue, Volkswagen Iloilo, and, Volkswagen Bacolod. Meanwhile, Volkswagen Alabang will open its doors again on May 20, Wednesday.
Volkswagen Cagayan de Oro has been operational since May 4, 2020, following the earlier declaration of the region under GCQ. Volkswagen Cebu shall remain closed until further announcement.
Customers are highly encouraged to book an appointment with their dealerships before visiting, in order for the sales and service staff to properly facilitate every customer interaction that follows health and safety protocols. Customers can get in touch with the dealerships either by calling them directly, by messaging them in their respective official Facebook pages or log on to www.volkswagen.com.ph.
Following the protocols stipulated by the government’s MECQ and GCQ guidelines for businesses, it is highly encouraged that every customer who visits any Volkswagen dealership to strictly practice the following in order to ensure and create a safe environment:
- Wear a face mask throughout the visit.
- Before entry, body temperature will be checked, then alcohol will be sprayed onto hands. Customers who register body temperatures above 37.5 degrees Celsius will be informed that entry is not allowed and recommend to seek medical consultation.
- Shaking hands is not allowed and physical distancing (at least one meter apart) will be strictly followed.
- At transaction tables, customers and sales and service personnel will not sit beside one another, but across the table. Thus, only two persons are allowed per table.
- At the showroom and vehicle service bays, customers and attendants shall maintain physical distance, even when inside the vehicle.
- All facilities where customers may be in—or use—shall be regularly disinfected.
- Touchless and cashless. The use of credit cards or online payments is highly recommended.
- For those who would like to test drive, all vehicles will be fully sanitized, before and after use and are guaranteed to be safe. A scheduled test drive is encouraged.
For aftersales operations, customers must set service appointments, observe physical distancing, Service Advisors, and personnel are required to wear personal protective gear, and all tools used and vehicles before and after being serviced must likewise be disinfected.
All Volkswagen dealership personnel are also required to follow and practice health and safety protocols for business operations as stipulated in the guidelines of the government’s MECQ and Volkswagen Philippines’ Dealership Sales and Aftersales Operations Guide and Recommendations, to make every customer’s visit to any Volkswagen dealership a safe move to the “new normal.”