As promised, Volkswagen Philippines will once again start selling their global models to the Philippine market, and this begins with the all-new Volkswagen T-Cross subcompact SUV. Amid an increasingly crowded subcompact SUV segment, how does the Volkswagen T-Cross stand out?
The Volkswagen T-Cross is manufactured from Volkswagen’s global hubs in Brazil, China (which is where we’re getting ours) and Germany. With global production of the T-Cross in full swing in Volkswagen’s three manufacturing hubs, the subcompact SUV has rolled onto 55 countries as of March 2021.
In terms of global sales figures, the T-Cross is completely unfazed by the challenges brought by this pandemic. From 202,000 units sold in 2019, T-Cross sales enjoyed a whopping 46 percent growth in 2020, ultimately selling a total of 296,000 units by yearend, despite restricted economic activities.
From Europe to Africa, the T-Cross has reaped recognition from various reputable automotive award-giving bodies and auto shows. Here are some of the awards that the Volkswagen T-Cross has received worldwide:
- 5-start Euro NCAP safety rating
- 5-start Latin NCAP safety rating
- 5-start Australian NCAP safety rating
- Best Compact SUV – BusinessCar Awards 2019 (UK)
- Compact SUV of the Year – 2020 Continental Tyres Irish Car of the Year (Ireland)
- Best Exterior Volume Brand – Frankfurt Motor Show 2019 (Germany)
- Compact SUV of the Year – UOL Carros 2019 (Brazil)
- Compact SUV of the Year – L’Auto Preferita (Brazil)
- Best Compact Family Car – 5th annual Cars.co.za Consumer Awards (South Africa)
Despite the current pandemic, Volkswagen Philippines still holds a positive outlook on the automotive industry, remaining enthusiastic for Filipino motorists to get their chance to experience a subcompact SUV that is globally multi-awarded for its safety, design, and engineering.
The all-new Volkswagen T-Cross is expected to debut in the second quarter of this year, and while no preliminary specs have been provided, Volkswagen Philippines President Felipe Estrella says the two variants that will go on sale will be generously equipped to the brim with features and at a competitive price tag of P1.1 to P1.3 million.
0 comments on “Here’s Why The PH-Bound Volkswagen T-Cross Deserves Your Attention”