Two months since its public reveal at the Manila International Auto Show, the 2023 Ford Territory is making waves in the local automotive industry with over 1,500 units sold to date – thanks to its powerful yet efficient performance, stylish design, premium interiors, and smart technologies.
Here are six (6) new features of the 2023 Territory that make it a compelling 5-seater SUV package compared with its predecessor:
- More powerful yet fuel-efficient: The Next-Generation Territory displays a boost in driving power and gives an enhanced driving experience with the EcoBoost 1.5-liter engine, giving the vehicle up to 248 Nm of torque and impressive driving power that can go up to 160 hp, delivering up to 10% improvement in performance versus the previous model. It also comes with an engine start-stop that allows for better fuel economy as it helps the driver reduce the amount of fuel they use when coming to a full stop.
- New transmission with new selectable drive modes: The engine of the 2023 Territory is mated with a seven-speed automatic transmission with a wet dual-clutch system and rotary e-Shifter that helps change gears with the simple turn of a rotary dial located on the center console. The 2023 Ford Territory also comes with four selectable drive modes: Eco, Normal, Sport, and Mountain, providing drivers with confidence and enhancing their driving experience across a variety of terrains.
- Redesigned exterior: The 2023 Ford Territory commands attention with its redesigned stylish exteriors coming from the integrated honeycomb grille, signature daytime running lamps, and full LED headlights lowered towards the ground to expand lighting coverage and create a more powerful look. The vehicle’s 10 mm longer wheelbase and ground clearance draw a tougher stance for the Territory and allows the driver to stand out on the road while providing good visibility and the capability to take on different road conditions.
- Convenience and comfort-driven interior: The 2023 Territory offers convenience and comfort with new interior upgrades that include access to a wireless charger, a 12-inch colored touch screen, and dual-zone electronic air temperature control with physical controls. The new AC system will continuously check the air quality in the vehicle and maintain it at a healthy level for passengers, with the Titanium X variant equipped with Air Anion Generator with PM2.5 monitoring.
- Enhanced safety features: The 2023 Ford Territory is equipped with new driver-assist features and technologies such as Blind Spot Information System with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Door Open Alarm, as well as Hill Descent Control and Enhanced Active Park Assist – offering a safer driving experience. Meanwhile, those getting the Titanium X variant get access to more driver-assist technologies such as Adaptive Cruise Control With Stop & Go, Auto High Beam, Forward Collision Warning, Autonomous Emergency Brake with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Aid and Collision Mitigation System. Both variants come with a 360-degree camera that provides a clear view of the environment around the vehicle including blind spots for a better view for the driver.
- Free 5-year warranty: The Next-Gen Territory comes with a 5-year warranty, or up to 150,000 km whichever comes first, for a worry-free ownership experience.
The 2023 Ford Territory comes in six colors which include Blue Metallic, Crystal Pearl White (exclusive to Titanium X), Lustrous Grey, Panther Black, Ruby Red (exclusive to Titanium), and Star White (exclusive to Titanium). The Next-Gen Territory Titanium is available at P1,335,000 while the Titanium X is available at P1,599,000.