Ford Philippines has opened 12 of its Ford dealerships in areas and locations already on general community quarantine (GCQ) starting May 1, 2020, with an absolute priority to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for all Ford customers and dealership employees. These 14 Ford dealerships are the following:
- General Santos
- Ilocos Norte (aftersales only)
- Cagayan de Oro
Ford Tacloban opened its dealership facility on April 15, 2020, while observing strict safety standards to protect its employees and customers. Meanwhile, all Ford dealerships that opened from May 1 to 4, 2020, including Ford Tacloban, are operating on normal business hours.
New and enhanced tools, processes, and policies have been implemented across the Ford dealer network designed to mitigate potential risks and provide peace of mind to anyone visiting a Ford dealership.
“We’re keen to have things start returning to the “new normal” across our dealer network while continuing to keep the health and safety of our Ford customers and entire dealership team as our highest priority,” said PK Umashankar, managing director, Ford Philippines.
“Customers visiting any Ford dealership will see very clearly the safeguards that are in place – with all customers required to comply with these protocols – while having all sales and service personnel and functions available to serve them,” added Umashankar.
Ford dealers are progressively rolling out within the next few days the following measures to safeguard customers and employees alike:
- Anyone entering a Ford dealership, including all dealer employees, contractors, and customers, will have their temperature checked with no-touch infrared thermometers
- The dealership layout/floor plan, including customer waiting areas, will be re-organized to ensure appropriate social distancing
- All Ford dealer personnel are required to wear face masks and gloves at all times; with a hazardous waste container on site for disposal of all masks, gloves and other potentially contaminated items
- Social distancing rules will be enforced in all customer interactions, and shaking hands will not be allowed
- All Ford dealerships will be thoroughly disinfected three (3) times each day
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available across the dealerships, particularly in high visibility and high traffic areas
- If an employee is experiencing any flu-like symptoms, he or she will be asked to promptly seek medical advice and return only when/if free of symptoms
Ford dealerships will also be implementing the following sales and service initiatives:
All vehicles will be meticulously sanitized after any service visit. Dealers will use the recommended cleaning products and procedures to ensure that vehicles are clean and safe when returned to customers.
Remote Sales Support
Remote sales support with a Ford sales professional will give customers a first-hand shopping experience without them having to leave home.
Ford dealerships will continue working with finance lenders to extend credit terms and defer some monthly payments. Approvals of extensions or deferral support will be at the finance partner’s discretion.
All Ford customers whose warranty coverage has expired during the quarantine period are advised to visit their respective Ford dealers to resolve their concerns related to expired warranties.
“While opening our Ford dealerships to provide in-person service is a welcome move forward, our aim is to work very closely with each of our dealers to ensure we are providing the (safest) and sanitary environment possible,” shared Umashankar.
The opening of the majority of Ford dealerships located in Luzon (including Metro Manila), as well as some dealerships in Visayas and Mindanao will be scheduled in time for the lifting of the enhanced community quarantine. The remaining dealerships in Visayas and Mindanao in areas on general community quarantine will open upon clearance from their respective local government units.